Pages

Friday, September 16, 2016

EXTRA EXTRA Gig Thurmond Is Dead!!! World Finally Stops Turning!!

The Blasphemer from the Hinterland has suddenly vanished and it wasn´t just one of his lousy moods. He actually died which makes no sense at all. A deflated balloon wrapped in moldy blankets was all that was left of him and then they threw him in the fire. I`m combing through the ashes for his soul but I´m not having much luck. Maybe I just need to spring for a better comb but it could also be because I need him to make sense of this completely unfair and inconvenient situation. Of course, he was as confused I am most of the time but at least we could chew on the problem for a while and maybe arrive at some settlement.


He was always yammering on about death but this wasn´t a public hanging with the butcher baker and candlestick maker drawing straws for the honor at hand. The hangman didn´t even show up, the unreliable bastard. He died alone and cold in front of a television set, laying there for several days before he was discovered. Not at all the dramatic demise he longed for. There wasn´t even a pack of hungry dogs looking on to see what would transpire. Not even a flock of black birds. It wasn´t even raining from what I understand.


I wonder if this is okay with him. It´s NOT okay with me.  First  because I had to throw away an entire jar of perfectly good mayonnaise, but second because death does not suit him. But then, he always wore ill fitting suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment